As of Monday (23rd November 2020) new Covid-19 restrictions apply in the canton Basel-Stadt.
Additionally to the already existing regulations, the Corona Task Force of Basel-Stadt decided to put more regulations in place. The reason for this decision was still rising numbers of Covid-19 in the canton. These new regulations will be in place until the 13th December (if not decided otherwise later on).
Here's a summary of all new regulations as well as the national regulations:
- restaurants and bars will be closed (take-away still possible until 11pm and the cafeteria of Uni Basel will continue their pick-up service (see e-mail in your Uni account))
- all fitness centers and spas will be closed
- places that offer leisure activities will be closed (e.g. bowling, casinos, adventure rooms etc.)
- events with more than 15 people are prohibited
- discos and nightclubs are closed
- events with more than 10 people are not allowed on private premises
- masks are now also mandatory in front of establishments like shops, cafés, restaurants and busy streets where a distance of 2m cannot be kept
- masks are mandatory at workplaces, unless a safe distance of 2m can be kept
More information about cantonal regulations (unfortunately only in German): https://www.coronavirus.bs.ch/nm/2020-coronavirus-basel-stadt-verschaerft-kantonale-covid-19-verordnung-rr-2.html
More information about the national regulations: https://www.bag.admin.ch/bag/en/home/das-bag/aktuell/medienmitteilungen....
Stay safe and stop the spread!